Today we are talking about cleaning! Yeah, I know, not the most exciting thing to do. A lot of people may have already started on their spring cleaning but if you are like me, maybe you have been a bit reluctant to. You’ve probably seen a ton of “spring clean challenges” going around social media. Usually, spring clean challenges are meant for you to have your whole house spotless in X amount of weeks and/or specifically states all the task that needs to be done for you to make sure you get every nook and cranny is clean. I don’t know about you but I would love to be able to make sure every inch of my home gets a good scrub in only a month but with how crazy my life can be that may not happen. I have had times when I have signed up to try some these challenges but because I couldn’t finish in the time it was supposed to or if I didn’t get to every task it suggested I have felt like a failure and a bit disappointed with myself. Because of all this, I have decided to start a relax cleaning non-challenge with FREE room by room cleaning printables.
This Relaxed Cleaning Challenge is whatever you want it to be. No timed cleaning schedule, no specific order, and you choose what you want to clean. This is meant for the busy moms who might not time for all that nitty gritty cleaning. If you do have the motivation for a more of a “spring clean” action (which I envy you) you can use my relaxed cleaning printables for that as well. Maybe you want to just get a deeper clean in some rooms and not so much in the others, totally cool. Totally customizable to your needs with no pressure.
My cleaning printables include three different sections:
- To clean: You list all the things you want to clean for that specific room.
- Things to replace/ repair/ or get: List all the things that you may need to get or replace for that room for future references.
- Plans to maintain it: As you clean each room and think about how you plan on maintaining that room you jot down your ideas here. Example: Straighten up every Mondays; Bob’s job to keep counters clean
I will be posting every week what I will be cleaning in my home, room by room, along with some of my favorite cleaning hacks, tips for minimizing in each room, favorite cleaning products, cleaning fails, and more. It’s not much of an extreme challenge but if you would like to join me, please do by joining the Relaxed Cleaning non-Challenge Facebook group.
This meant for you to go at your own pace and order. The order I am cleaning and rooms I will be posting are:
- Kitchen/ Dining Room
- Living Room
- Master Bedroom
- Kids Rooms
- Miscellaneous (hallways, random closets, pantry, laundry room, utility room, car)
Some quick tips before you start:
- Take a moment before you tackle each room and list all the task you would like to get done but keep in mind what you will actually get to and have the energy for.
- Gather all your cleaning supplies and keep it all together in a bag. Along with my go-to cleaners, I have a ton of washcloths, trash bags, cleaning tools, and paper towels ready to go in my bag.
- If you plan on doing a deep super clean, do not exhaust yourself. You don’t want to be so pooped by the end that your too tired to maintain it.
- If you want to do a deeper clean but are also really busy, time yourself. Don’t spend more than 5-10minutes per task. If whatever it is isn’t totally spotless, the quick 5-10minute scrub is better than nothing.
- Plan an easy meal for the days you plan on extreme cleaning. Slow cooker meals are the best!
If you subscribe you will receive my free 12-page Cleaning Checklists available or you can wait to download only 6 of the rooms listed above when I post about them.
Are you ready to get some cleaning done?! What type of cleaning do you need to do, deep spring clean or just want to get the pile of dishes in the sink?