Lately I have been on the search for a table runner. I love the farmhouse style of decor so I have been looking for something in this style. For the past couple weeks, I have been contemplating between two: a black buffalo check table runner or something more simple like this one. So a couple days ago I decided to check Pinterest out for ideas and came across this.
I immediately fell in love with the ruler look and felt this is the one that would be perfect for our dining room. Since we do a lot of our homeschooling at the dining room, I think the ruler look goes very well as homeschool decor. When looking up how to get one, I soon discovered it was from an old do it yourself article from Country Living. So I decided to make it and I would like to share with you how you can too.
*** Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Any opinions stated about these items are 100% my honest opinions. Thank you!
Here are the materials I used:
- a light khaki/ burlap table runner (mine is similar to this one)
- yard stick
- measuring tape (optional if using yard stick, I did use both)
- fabric markers
1. Iron out any creases.
2. Using the a pencil first and a measuring tape, mark every 1 1/2 inches. That will make a total of seven marks within every foot.
3. The length of the seven marks within each foot measures 1″, 2″, 1″, 2.5″, 1″, 2″, 1″. Each foot mark goes all the way across the runner. Using a yard stick makes this part a lot easier and your line to come out straighter.
4. Once all the markings are completed, go back everything with the fabric marker. For the seven marks between each feet I used the fine point side of the fabric marker and the thicker brush tip for the foot marks.
5. Now time for the numbers. I printed the number out on to cardstock paper using Cambria font at font size 500. Cut the numbers and use as a stencil to trace onto the table runner.